Night after night, thousands of Braves fans file into Suntrust Park in anticipation of seeing the Braves pull out a victory. Last night was no exception, the Pirates were in town, the attendance was great considering the weather, the expectations were high, and although the Braves started out a little shaky, the game was good. In spite of the drizzle throughout the night, the game continued until the top of the seventh inning. At this time play was suspended because the rain became more intense.
This rain delay didn’t last for a couple of minutes, it lasted for about three hours. While the average baseball game usually takes about three hours to play, because of the weather, this game took 6 hours and 15 minutes. I remember checking online at about midnight, and the game was still delayed, so I checked out. I just knew that this game was going to be called, but it wasn’t. At around 12:51 a.m., play resumed and YES, the fans who REMAINED were not disappointed. Unfortunately, I learned of the victory after the fact, but somehow it wasn’t the same as watching my team battle to victory..
God spoke to me this morning through the events surrounding the Braves victory. He spoke about the significance of enduring the process. He spoke to me about delay not being denial, and He also spoke to me about being the REMNANT WHO REMAINS.
- Part of being able to endure the process of God means being cognizant, or mindful of what’s taking place in the spiritual realm of our everyday lives. Beloved, we can’t afford to live life at face value, because face value can fool you. Yes, we live in the natural, but spiritually, things are taking place in and around all of us.
- Delay doesn’t mean denial, in the WILL OF GOD, and in the economy of the kingdom. But in order to walk in sync with God’s will, in the kingdom, we must walk in sync with the Holy Spirit.
- In order to be that REMNANT WHO REMAINS, it requires us to endure the process and press beyond delay.
Last night’s game started with thousands of Braves fans in attendance, but only 200 REMAINED to experience the VICTORY.
- They endured the weather…
- They weren’t deterred by the delay..
- Therefore they experienced the VICTORY….
“Those who wait upon the Lord SHALL….Isaiah 40:31